Web design is important. Having a website is essential for most businesses, but just having a website may not always be enough.
1. A website should be quick to load. Most users want websites loading quickly and for them to have short loading times. Hosting is important, along with the sizes of the images you upload, so make sure the website is fast!
2. The website should work properly and not look or appear to be broken. A poorly performing website can cause users to be wary of the company, especially if it’s an online store asking for credit card details.
3. Modern websites need to work well in all modern browsers and on the most popular mobile and tablet devices. Mobile devices are being increasingly used to visit websites, your website has to look as good on a mobile device as it does on a desktop or laptop.
4. Websites need to look good and have a modern design. For example, for an online store or boutique it needs to be appealing to the target market, and taking note of what the ‘big players’ in the industry are doing is imperative. Fashion styles change in clothing, the same goes for web design. Keep up with trends in web design, customer behaviour and technology and incorporate this into your website.
5. Being up to date is not only helpful for the website’s visitors but it looks good to Google’s algorithms too. Ranking well for the keywords that your target market searches for on Google is priceless. Generally, users will only click on websites on the first page of a search. Google’s algorithms are aimed towards relevance.
It’s not just brochure websites
Websites need to be consistently updated, which can include the content, the features, and even the styling. This is not specific to just brochure websites either. This also includes more complex websites and systems and even eCommerce websites too.