Web Design Preston
23 January 2017
Web design is important. Having a website is essential for most businesses in 2017, but just having a website may not always be enough. At our offices in Preston, the Tienda Digital team sat down and discussed what we believe is necessary for a good website to represent a company in 2017.
- A website should be quick to load. Most users, especially the younger users, who are used to websites loading quickly and have short loading times. Hosting is important, along with the sizes of the images you upload.
- The website should work properly and not look or appear to be broken. A poorly performing website can cause users to be weary of the company, especially if it’s an online shop asking for credit card details.
- Modern websites need to work well in all modern browsers and on the most popular mobile and tablet devices. Mobile devices are being increasingly used to visit websites, your website has to look as good on a mobile device as it does on a desktop or laptop.
- Websites need to look good and have a modern design. For example, an online boutique needs to be appealing to the target market, and taking note of what the ‘big players’ in the industry are doing is imperative. Fashion styles change in clothing, the same goes for web design. If you don’t keep up with trends, you could appear to your audience as out of date!
- Being up to date is not only helpful for the website’s visitors but it looks good to Google’s algorithms too. Ranking well for the keywords that your target market searches for on Google is priceless. Generally, users will only click on websites on the first page of a search as Google’s algorithms are aimed towards the results being relevant to your search query, therefore, the first page should have the most relevant websites on.
Websites need to be consistently updated, which includes the content, the features and the styling. Why not give our team a call on 01772 393989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about our cost effective monthly maintenance packages.